He that writes to himself writes to an eternal public. -Emerson

Friday, May 7, 2010

Fairfax Provides


Talia this morning asked why we didn't yet have a proper stereo.  I've been thinking, too, it's a pity we don't because we'll soon be spending a lot of time sitting around the place, and we'll need it.  The reason is "no amplifier," an age-old story with us, as some of our friends can well attest.  I have one, you know, a very old Scott 299c, but it's in my mother's storage shed; I hope to pick it up this summer sometime.  While at the coffeeshop today I did check on eBay to see if there were any of the same nearby for a reasonable price, but no luck.  Also talked some with my dad, who built this amplifier, which both he and I used for many years.

And then I found one on the sidewalk while biking home with Felix today.  A nice integrated amp, a Sony STD-D615.  Even the remote control works.  So now we have music.  Happiness seems to come easy here, even if babies don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment