He that writes to himself writes to an eternal public. -Emerson

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Safety in numbers

A friend of mine, troubled by trespass on one of her accounts, asked me how I kept things secure online.  I started to explain--how I use different formulae to generate different passwords for different classes of account--but it got too complicated too quickly, so I offered to write down some notes.  Before doing so, I ran into this, and realized I'd been doing it all wrong anyway.


It won't be easy, but I do plan to retrain myself.  First, though, I'll have to choose my new favorite nonsense sentence and accompanying image.  That will take some inspiration.  And as for telling my friend what to do, well, there it is: correct horse battery staple.

A final word, and in honor of my eldest brother, passed a year ago today: watch out at the borders.

1 comment:

  1. As for your pin numbers, see this: http://www.datagenetics.com/blog/september32012/index.html

    ReplyDelete