He that writes to himself writes to an eternal public. -Emerson

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Survival, part 2

The creek across the street from us came within a foot of "critical" this morning.


We saw it yesterday, too.  At that time Felix was not sure why I had dragged him out in the rain to see a creek that offered below-average rock throwing opportunities.  Today's massive roiling chocolate brown deluge, on the other hand, impressed even him.  (He still proposed wading across as opposed to taking the bridge however.)

I was hoping, somehow, to skip this part of disaster preparedness but I am beginning to suspect I'd better invest some time in sandbagging practice.  (Check the link:  don't you just love how the military writes?  I do, I truly do.)  Burlap sacks here I come.

5 comments:

  1. http://www.rossvalleyfire.org/Home/community-education-1/creek-depth-chart-for-fairfax-ca

    In case you feel like monitoring the levels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it seems you moved to a really dangerous area, you better prepare for anything/everything!! No UFO sightings yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never realized the military was so fond of the passive voice. Oddly, this makes me want to stockpile sandbags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huh, turns out you don't have to stockpile, they hand them out: http://townmanager.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-2-major-storms-coming.html

    ReplyDelete